Bogota love tale
El Dorado: The city of gold
A spiritual lake near Bogota is where the mythical legend of El Dorado originated. The Muisca kings fell in love with the idea of El Dorado and used to have their religious ceremonies in the middle of the lake. They were pushed on a float to the middle of the lake, all their bodies covered in gold dust, and threw gold offerings as sacrifices into the lagoon.
Bogota love facts
- The month of love in Bogota is September.
- 'Andres Carne de Res' restaurant in Chia has a brass band, crazy lighting and chic design - great for dates.
- At most tiendas (and grocery stores), a beer costs about US$1. Great for a cheap date.
- Standard Colombian is spoken in Bogota, and is often regarded as the most beautiful version of Spanish around the world. Shakira is a speaker.
- Two-hour salsa classes cost £1.75 and that includes a beer.
Love survival phrases
Luces bella esta noche.
You look lovely tonight.
¿Quieres casarte conmigo?
Will you marry me?
¿Te gustaría salir conmigo?
Would you go on a date with me?
Te amo cada día más y más.
I love you more and more each day.
Tu eres mi media naranja.
You are my half orange
Tu eres la mejor parte de mi día.
You are the best part of my day.
Tu eres mi alma gemela.
You're my soulmate.
No soy nadie sin ti.
I am nobody without you.
Si la belleza fuera delito, yo te hubiera dado cadena perpetua.
If beauty was a crime, I would have given you life in prison.
Cuidado preciosa con esas curvas y yo sin frenos.
Careful, precious, so many curves and me with no brakes!