Buenos Aires love tale
Juan and Evica Peron
The ultimate "power couple", Juan Domingo and Evita, were political forces that will never be forgotten. After living as a poor girl, Evita charmed Juan Domingo and the two fell in love. Together they changed the entire political landscape of Argentina and became one of the most beloved political couples of the era. You may also recognise the story from the Madonna fronted film of 1996.
Buenos Aires love facts
- 'I love you' in Argentinian Spanish is 'Te amo'.
- The Tango was invented by the Rio de la Plata. It spread to Paris in 1912 and made it internationally famous.
- July 20th is national Friends Day. In 2005, so many people tried to ring their friends that day that the phone networks collapsed.
- Some of the oldest known dinosaur species can be traced back to Argentina. Some well-preserved remains can now be found in the Argentine National Historical Museum in Buenos Aires.
- Argentina is the birthplace of the first child in the world who is legally recognised to have two fathers.
Love phrase video
Love survival phrases
Luces bella esta noche.
You look lovely tonight.
¿Quieres casarte conmigo?
Will you marry me?
¿Te gustaría salir conmigo?
Would you go on a date with me?
Te amo cada día más y más.
I love you more and more each day.
Tu me sacas lo major de mi.
You bring out the best in me.
Tu eres la mejor parte de mi día.
You are the best part of my day.
Tu eres mi alma gemela.
You are my soul mate.
No soy nadie sin ti.
I am nobody without you.
Si la belleza fuera delito, yo te hubiera dado cadena perpetua.
If beauty was a crime, I would have given you life in prison.
Cuidado preciosa con esas curvas y yo sin frenos.
Careful, precious, so many curves and me with no brakes!