Cairo love tale
Antony and Cleopatra
People waged war to break these two apart. When Mark Antony left his wife, Octavia, for the mesmerising Cleopatra - Octavia's brother Octavian brought the army of Rome to destroy them. These two lovers were so entranced with each other that they ended-up committing suicide to save being apart - the ultimate Romeo and Juliet.
Cairo love facts
- Hathor was the Ancient Egyptian goddess of love and fertility.
- The lights of Cairo over the Nile at dusk are one of the most romantic sights you'll ever see.
- 'I love you' in Egyptian Arabic is 'ana baħibbak' for a male; 'ana baħibbik' for a female.
- Eat traditional Egyptian food with haute cuisine flair at 'Khan el-Khalili Restaurant'.
- There will be some young couples holding hands here but any further public display of affection is not the norm. No kissing in public.
Love survival phrases
انا مغرم بيكي
I’m fond of you.
I love you.
انا بحبك اكتر من اي حاجة
I love you more than anything.
تحبي تخرجي معايا؟
Would you like to go out with me?
You look great!