Tokyo love tale
Bill Murray and Scarlett Johansson
Bill Murray and Scarlett Johansson are the lead characters, but in many ways Tokyo is the shining star of the film 'Lost in Translation'. The city's restaurants, bars and popular karaoke joints provide a real, living set for Sofia Coppola's masterpiece. Interestingly, the weathered chef who appears in restaurant Ichikan still owns the place, and it’s worth a visit if you’re ever there.
Tokyo love facts
- You're odds of finding love in Toykyo are great, as there are 35 million people living there.
- Partners often share one-bed apartments, which are a massive 15 meters square on average.
- 'I love you' in Japanese is 'Aishiteimasu'.
- The 'Jicoo Floating Bar' has an incredibly unique shape and the round trip to Odaiba takes around an hour.
- The Koishikawa Botanical Garden is the oldest botanical garden in all of Japan, and is great for a stroll.
Love survival phrases
You look lovely tonight.
Will you marry me?
Would you go on a date with me?
I love you more and more each day.
You bring out the best in me.
You are the best part of my day.
You are my soul mate.
I am nobody without you.
Would you be my (boy/girl)friend?
I like you.